5th ODI – India vs Australia at Jamtha on 1st Oct’17.
The match has drawn a tremendous public response and is slated to be a grand success.
To ease the traffic and travel concerns of the spectators, VCA has on its own arranged 20 buses (50 seater) from VCA Civil Lines to Jamtha. Public availing of these buses will be issued coupons which will enable them to come back to the city, after the match, in the same designated buses. Two “Ladies Special” buses are included in this service.
Further VCA in co-operation with NMC, will also run the “Aapli Bus Services” from the following city points:
- Sitabuldi bus stop – 40 buses
- Jaripatka – 2 buses
- Pardi via Ayachit Mandir – 2 buses
- Koradi – 2 buses
- Dighori via medical Square – 2 buses
Apart from the special bus services as above, NMC will also continue running their daily Sitabuldi to Butibori services.
VCA requests all match spectators to avail of these facilities and avoid personal transport.
VCA in co-operation with the city traffic police has arranged adequate parking areas near the Jamtha stadium. One notable addition is a 25-acre plot of Sharirik Shikshan Sanstha. This plot is just one kilometer from the Jamtha T- Point. After parking in this plot, VCA has arranged minibuses to take the public to Jamtha T-Point and back.
Proper signages will be placed along the highway for ease of parking. Safety measures like CCTV cameras, Security guards and adequate lighting in the parking areas have been arranged.
No four wheelers except with “Car Passes” will be allowed on the right turn of the Jamtha T- Point. Only two wheelers will be parked on the left of the approach road leading to the stadium. Spectators are requested to follow all traffic instructions so that minimum discomfort is faced.
Spectators need to note that no exit will be allowed from the stadium one hour after the start of the match. Only one re-entry will be allowed in the stadium.
There will be no ticket sale at the Jamtha Stadium.
VCA appeals to all the members of the public to adhere to the following guidelines.
- To witness and enjoy the game and refrain from unruly behavior.
- Avoid carrying objectionable items as mentioned on the tickets.
- To occupy the seats as per the ticket number.
- Not to pass any racist comments on players or spectators.
- Items like selfie sticks, cameras, lighters, matchboxes, cigarettes, helmets, food packets and water bottles are not allowed inside the stadium (free water pouches will be available). Spectators are liable to be frisked for security reasons.
- Children of age 2 years and above will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Adequate parking arrangements have been made free of cost near the stadium.
- The general public/spectators are requested to share vehicles for easy flow of traffic.
- VCA will not be responsible for safe-keep of any item not allowed inside the stadium by the Security / Police.